Friday, July 16, 2010

2 more sleeps!

That's right. 2 more sleeps before the Run Melbourne 5km. I'm pretty excited about it. Excited about a new PB, excited about following through with my goal, excited to give this race everything I have! Running Lemming and I have been putting in the hard yards with consistent training - so fingers crossed for a great result on Sunday!

I was a bit worried about my knees as they have been giving me some grief the last couple of days, but I think a bit of rest has done them good and hopefully they hold out for Sunday.

My last training session on Tuesday night was great! It sure was a killer of a run and plenty of hills - but what made it great was the rain. Wow, it sure bucketed down and I was completely saturated. I felt like I was on the Biggest Looser and they were hosing me down while I desperately ran for my life. I've managed to get my runners dry, I just hope they don't stink now - that would be annoying.

Anyway, looking forward to sunday. Best of luck to Running Lemming too!!

2 comments: