Sunday, September 12, 2010

Race 1 - Spring Into Shape

After a late night at a concert, only a few hours sleep and a bruised ankle - I managed to romp it home in the 8.5km in the first of three in the series. I think I got just about on 55mins, which is great. Kept my pace of 6.30mins p/km up the whole time which really is a great improvement.

I'm so wrecked now I can barely type - they just don't make keyboards for tired paws.

Off for a cat nap. Stay tuned for the official time a little later on.

R.C

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight... twitching your whiskers in your sleep, dreaming about catnip and a fish tank to stare at all day. :)

    Just saw your heading 'Fish' in the column. Hadn't seen them before. Cute!

    How do you make your googlemaps with the coloured line of where you ran?

    And lastly (nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!), is there a way that I can be notified if there are any more comments after I leave one? I only just read Melissa's comments after one of mine, and am feeling comforted that she is also unfit and gets puffed going up stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your blog trying to say about me Paula? My captcha verification word was 'nerdist'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I just figured out the email notification thingy. So ignore that bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I slept very very well, was a very sore tired old cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello running cat!

    I got my runners, my 'get running' app and found a fancy running top at kmart that has a spot for my iphone! One 'run' down and feeling good - hopefully I can run 5km by Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Melissa! You can do anything you set your mind to - take it from this old cat! It took me just over 3 months to get to 5km, from completely unfit. And now with daylight savings and the warmer weather it will be a great motivator for you. Good luck and I look forward to running with you one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete