Friday, September 10, 2010

Spring Into Shape

Spring is finally here! After a long, freezing cold and wet winter the days are getting longer and the sun is making an appearance.

So after a bout of sickness, lack of motivation and a whole lot of rain - it's time to get my cat butt into full gear. The Spring Into Shape series commences this coming Sunday 12th September.

I would have liked to be a little more advanced in my training by this point but no point dwelling on that now. I've reduced my original distance of 12km down to the 8.5km race. Myself and Running Lemming have never actually completed that distance to date, however the 7km training runs at Hobo's have been a great help towards achieving this goal.

So it's all systems go for Sunday. I've done 2 x 7km runs this week and feeling good to go. I just need to pace myself and try not to drop off too much. And of course I will be having my pre race banana, coffee and in addition my new found friend Berocca.

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. All the best for the run on Sunday. Hope it's not pissing down with rain!

    Did Trev put you onto Berocca? He's always praising it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica, yeah he did. I started having it a couple of weeks ago - really gives you back your b b bounce. :)

    ReplyDelete